About us (EN)
The German Geothermal Association (BVG), established in 1991, represents companies and individual members. It advocates the use of all existing geothermal technologies ranging from shallow to deep, and from cooling to heating, and the production of electricity.
The following are the main tasks of the BVG:
- Informing the public about the advantages and the possible uses of geothermal energy
- Dialogue with politicians and political leaders
- Improvement of the conditions and the political situation on a national-, European- and international level
- The support of research & development
The BVG is led by a four-person board.
Furthermore there are working groups to the following topics:
• Deep Geothermal Energy
• Shallow Geothermal Energy
• Research and development
• Young Geothermal Chapter
In cooperation with the honorary working members, the BVG organizes events and publishes and provides literature. The BVG organizes events and provides literature. The journal “Geothermische Energie” contains reports about projects, research results, as well as literature and event announcements.On the webpage www.geothermie.de the BVG offers 80.000 visitors each month news and comprehensive background information. The webpage is the most visited website for geothermal energy in german language.
Every year in autumn, the German Geothermal Association (BVG) is hosting one of the most important events of the branch. The multi-day event, “Der Geothermiekongress” (DGK), offers a great variety of workshops and forums about deep and shallow geothermal energy. Visitors have the exclusive chance to create business contacts and exchange their knowledge with experts from the industry, economy and politics. Companies and scientific institutions present their latest developments and research results.
More information can be found here.
Geothermal energy needs to be represented to ensure its important role in the future energy mix; BVG’s promotional efforts and activities meet the succeeding requirements.
Our members have the following advantages:
- Automatic membership of International Geothermal Association (IGA), as well as the European Regional Branch of the IGA including all membership services.
- Representation in the German Renewable Energy Federation BEE (Bundesverband Erneuerbare Energie e.V.) and the European Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC).
- Support by our international coordinator in gaining access to international markets
- Discounts for several events, e.g. the annual Geothermal Congress DGK
- Access to the company directory and exclusive advertisement on www.geothermie.de
- Free issues of 2-3 editions of “Geothermische Energie” a year.
For further information about benefits, activities, or about the application form please contact us via email or phone.
Bundesverband Geothermie (German Geothermal Association)
+49.(0)30 200 954 950
+49.(0)30 200 954 959